Sunday, January 23, 2011

Longing for Jesus to Return

Alaska is a wild place to live, but my search for gold was not "panning out" too well. Days and weeks working in the cold rivers left me tired. One day, on a hunting trip, I met two men who told me to prepare for the return of Jesus, who could be arriving any day. They read to me from their Bible as we sat on a hilltop overlooking the Yukon River valley, waiting for a moose to pass by, our rifles in our hands.

I was struck by their words and wondered what I should do, and asked them what they thought. They were not so helpful, simply telling me that for me to be accepted by God, it would have to be a very powerful work of the Lord. I guess that the impression I gave them was not too favorable, in terms of my faith, appearance, and potential.

But after parting company, I harbored a deep desire to continue in the new embryonic faith I had found, by finding for myself the path that I should take. Deciding I should leave Alaska, I traveled to my home state of Oregon to see family and friends and share my thoughts with them. Arriving in Eugene in January, I was on a street when I bumped into two strangers who would become my best friends.

They told me we were entering a Messianic Age, that the Messiah was with us, and that I was welcome to study the scriptures with them. I agreed with their offer and the studies were like the windows of Heaven were opened. I understood things from the Bible so clearly, like never before, and armed with the power of understanding the providence and work of God, I wanted to tell everyone about this age that we are living in right now, the time of the return of the Lord.



I got a Revelation: The Messiah is on the Earth!




That was when my life changed, turned around, and began to bring me so much happiness. I always thank God for that time that was so precious so many years ago. Today, I continue my journey of faith and feel that we are now so much closer to that world of peace than ever before. We are approaching the year 2012, a transitional time, when we will no longer have to wait for change; it will be upon us.

See Also:
A Clear Explanation of How the 2nd Coming Will Occur

No comments:

Post a Comment